Look after your health and well- being Try out an activity at the Cambrian Community Centre
New things on offer at the Centre:
· Weight training for older people. We are trialling a group weights session run by one of our gym instructors. Research indicates that weight training in older age can have significant benefits for strength and balance. The first session will run on Tuesday 10th October from 12-2 pm. (Further dates to be arranged). Come along and check it out.
· Age UK IT support sessions. If you would like to get some help getting to grips with your electronic device(s) or accessing online services and information Age UK will be running IT support sessions at the Centre starting Monday 9th October 11.30-1.30 and Monday 23rd October (11.00 -13.00). Contact the Centre to ask about booking a 1 hour appointment with an IT expert.
Can we tempt you? How about:
· Lunch at the Centre (Wednesdays 11.30 am to 1.30 pm) - Provided by The Real Junk Food Café, from supermarket surplus - everyone welcome, pay as you feel. Surplus food often also available to take home.
· Chair Yoga - (Thursdays 2 - 2.45 pm): develop your strength and flexibility for people with less mobility or less mobile centre users who are keen to increase their flexibility and strength.
- Choir (Mondays Midday - 2 pm): everyone is welcome to join the choir They will be singing popular songs you will already know by the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel and others. Come along and enjoy the fun of singing in a group.
- Table Tennis (Tuesdays 2 - 4.00 pm) is a social afternoon, free open access - everyone is welcome
- Papier-mâché (Fridays 1 - 3 pm): join this friendly self-organising group and learn how to make papier mâché art and enjoy a social afternoon.
Room Hire at the Centre: get in contact if you are interested in hiring a room on a one off (e.g. for a children’s party or a family event) occasional (e.g. for meetings) or a regular basis. Details on the website
The Cambrian Community Centre is situated on the corner of Queen’s Road and Cambrian Road.
Contact the team at the Centre: phone 020 8948 3351, or email email@example.com.
The gym team are available Monday-Friday 9-3, Saturday 10-2 on 020 8332 1102 or leave a message on the main Centre telephone number.
Thank you for your support
Manager, Cambrian Community Centre