Updated Operating Arrangements
The Cambrian Community Gym is relaxing some of the measures put in place in April 2021 to limit transmission of Covid-19 but is retaining others in order to protect our users. Please note that we may have to update our procedures at short notice if the public health situation changes.
Our normal Opening Hours remain : Mon – Tues, Thur – Fri 9-3, Wednesday 9-12, Saturday 10-2
The following measures will now apply:
- The number of Users in the Gym at any one time will continue to be limited to 6.
- Use of the Gym requires booking in advance using the booking system below. Sessions can be booked up to 14 days in advance. “Walk in” sessions are not permitted.
- Sessions will start on the hour and last for 55 minutes, leaving time for the last group of users to vacate the Gym before the next group enters. You must not visit if you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
- One-way exit and entry: Entry will be by the Cambrian Road Gate at the back of the Centre and exit will be from the Car park side of the building.
- Please do not arrive too early for your session- there will be a waiting area outside the Gym next to Cambrian Road but you will not be permitted to enter the building until instructed to do so by the member of staff on duty at your allotted session time. In bad weather the gym instructor may invite you to wait in the corridor outside the gym. After your session has ended, please leave promptly by the exit on the car park side.
- We no longer accept cash payments. Gym Users can pay by standing order, as usual, or Pay As You Go by contactless card on arrival.
- We will continue to ask Gym Users to “do their bit” both in respect of personal hygiene (using hand sanitisers before a session) and wiping down equipment used. Cleaning products (sprays, hand sanitiser, paper towels) will be provided.
- Lockers remain out of use. Please keep any valuables in your pocket or leave them at home.
- The shower and changing facilities remain out of use. Please turn up in suitable Gym attire, ready to exercise. Sweat towels are no longer permitted in the Gym. Please use the paper towels provided.
- Water will be available in the Gym but please bring your own personal bottle.
- Following current guidelines, masks are NOT required when exercising in the Gym but may be required if you are also planning to take part in an activity in the main Centre – please check with the activity leader.
- Individual users must not stay on any of the cross-trainer, treadmills or rowing machine for longer than 10 minutes per session to allow others an opportunity to use them.
- The restriction on access to the main Centre through the building from the Gym will be maintained. Entrance will be through the Cambrian Road Gate for all other Centre activities.
- If you require close physical support during your Gym session, please call us to discuss before you book.
Booking A Session
If you would like to book a session, please select the date and time below. Please note that only available times will show.
Please also note that the booking system is for CURRENT MEMBERS ONLY. Please do not book using this service if you have not had an induction with a Gym instructor or visited the Gym for some time. Please ring the Centre Manager on 020 8948 3351 to arrange an induction session.
After booking a Gym session you will receive a confirmation email with the time and date of the session. Check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. The email will also include a cancellation link. If you can no longer attend a session you have booked, please cancel as soon as possible using the link and release the session for another Gym User.
As spaces are limited, multiple sessions booked and not attended, or cancelled, may result in a suspension of membership.
By booking a session you confirm you have read and understood the updated operating arrangements and have agreed to comply with them. If you are not seen to adhere to our practices you will be asked to leave the Gym.
To see how busy the Gym is, or to ensure that there are at least 2 slots available in your desired session if you are accompanied, then you can view the availability by clicking here