New Operating Arrangements
The Cambrian Community Centre is pleased to be reopening the Gym on Monday 7th September. We are conforming to Government Guidelines as well as guidance from UK Active and other sporting governing bodies to limit the transmission of Covid-19. Please note that we may have to update our procedures at short notice.
Our Opening Hours remain the same: Mon-Fri 9-3, Saturday 10-3
The following changes have been put in place:
- The number of Users in the Gym at any one time will be limited to 5.
- Use of the Gym requires booking in advance using the booking system below. “Walk in” sessions are no longer permitted.
- Sessions will start on the hour and last for 45 minutes, leaving time for staff to clean the equipment at the end of each group. Sessions can be booked up to 15 days in advance. You must not visit if you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
- One-way exit and entry: Entry will be by the Cambrian Road Gate at the back of the Centre and exit will be from the Car park side of the building.
- Please do not arrive too early for your session- there will be a socially distanced waiting area outside the Gym next to Cambrian Road but you will not be permitted to enter the building until instructed to by the member of staff on duty, at your allotted session time. After your session has ended, please leave promptly by the exit on the car park side.
- We no longer accept cash payments. Gym Users can pay by standing order as usual or Pay as you Go by contactless card on arrival.
- Your temperature will be tested on arrival via an infrared forehead thermometer. If your temperature is higher than 37.8 deg C, you will not be able to attend the Gym (as recommended by NHS inform).
- New cleaning protocols will be implemented by staff but we will also require Gym Users to “do their bit” both in respect of personal hygiene (using hand sanitisers before a session, wash hands if you visit the toilet and avoid touching your face, nose or eyes) and in respect of any equipment used. Cleaning products (sprays, wipes, hand sanitiser, paper towels) will be provided.
- Lockers are currently out of use. Please keep any valuables in your pocket or leave them at home.
- The shower and changing facilities are currently out of use. Please turn up in suitable Gym attire, ready to exercise.
- Sweat towels are no longer permitted in the Gym. Please use the paper towels provided.
- Water will be available in the Gym but please bring your own personal bottle.
- Following current guidelines, masks are NOT required when exercising in the Gym but may be required if you are also planning to take part in an activity in the main Centre.
- There will no longer be access to the main Centre through the building from the Gym. Entrance will be through the Cambrian Road Gate for all other Centre activities.
- Please observe the 2m social distancing rules as far as possible when using the Gym. Extra ventilation has been installed to reduce the risk of transmission.
- If you require close physical support during your Gym session, please call us to discuss before you book.
- The booking system is for CURRENT MEMBERS ONLY. Please do not book using this service if you wish to have an induction or have not attended the Gym in 2020. Please call the Gym Team to discuss this if you are unsure, before you book.
- ALL GYM USERS will be required to fill out a new medical questionnaire before their first session back in the Gym. This form can be emailed and filled out in advance, so long as we have your up to date contact details.
- The Cambrian Gym supports and will cooperate with the NHS Track and Trace System. We will retain records of gym attendance for at least 21 days. If a Gym User or member of staff develops symptoms, tests positive for Covid-19 and informs the NHS that they attended the Gym, we expect the NHS to contact us and ask for these details, so that other Gym Users/staff can be contacted to self-isolate.
- We encourage Gym Users to participate in the NHS Track and Trace System and also ask them to promptly inform us if they develop any symptoms of Covid-19 soon after they have attended the Gym.
- If you have a smart phone, please download the NHS Covid app and scan the QR code on entry to check in.
- If you develop any symptoms while using the Gym you must end your session immediately and inform the member of staff present and ensure to stay 2m away from other people in this session.
Booking A Session
If you would like to book a session, please complete the form below. Please note that only available times will show.
After booking a session you will receive a confirmation email with the time and date of the session. Check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. The email will also include a cancellation link. If you can no longer attend a session you have booked, please cancel as soon as possible using the link and release the session for another Gym User.
As spaces are limited, multiple sessions booked and not attended or cancelled may result in a suspension of membership.
By booking a session you confirm you have read and understood the new operating arrangements and have agreed to comply with them. If you are not seen to adhere to our practices you will be asked to leave the Gym.