Hello everyone. We are writing to update you all on our plans for reopening the sorely missed Cambrian Community Gym. We have been working hard to develop plans to ensure a safe reopening and implement new procedures to ensure the ongoing safe operation of the gym. These are outlined briefly below.
We are intending to reopen to members on Monday 7th September.
The gym will operate normal hours 9am-3pm and all our previous gym staff team (Vicki, Paul, Sam and Victoria) remain with us.
There will be a number of changes to gym operation. These will include;
- A new one way entrance and exit system – with entrance into the gym via Cambrian Rd and exit out onto the car parking area.
- A booking system- We need to limit numbers of users and this is the only way to ensure this.
- 45 minute exercise slots for users. Starting probably on the hour- IE 9-10am including a 10/15 minute gap between groups using the gym to allow cleaning and air circulation .
- Layout alteration to increase space.
- Installation of extractor fans.
- Closure of shower/change facilities and lockers for the time being.
- Increased overnight cleaning by our contracted cleaners and ongoing cleaning by staff and users of equipment.
- The provision of hand santiser, wipes, and additional PPE if required.
- Separation of other Centre activities and users from gym by locked door.
This is not a full list and other changes will be implemented before the reopening, which we will update you with in due course. We would be interested to hear any specific suggestions or concerns from members whilst we arrange for the works to be carried and the new systems are set up. Please do email email@example.com with any such points.
Take care everyone and we are very much looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Everyone at the Cambrian Community Centre